A fun summer camp experience in CT!
When diagnosed and living with Epilepsy, lives change dramatically. The stress of researching what exactly this is, what type of disease we are dealing with, where to go from here…? Then, once all investigation is completed and connections to epileptologists and/or neurologists are made, our lifestyle—for all family members and caretakers—changes intensely.
Camp Courage is a haven to assist, just a little, in bringing lives back to “normal.”
In partnership with Camp Horizon in Windham, CT, children and teens ages 8-21 at the time of camp are eligible to participate in a week-long overnight summer camp experience! Here each camper will be able to play and learn with others like them while their family and caregivers gain a little respite.
Camp Courage 2023
July 16 – 21, 2023
127 Babcock Hill Rd, South Windham, CT 06266
- Provide a safe, enjoyable residential camping experience for children and young adults with epilepsy
- Build self esteem by promoting self-confidence, competency and social interaction.
- Foster independence in a safe environment away from home.
- To have a GREAT TIME!
What to Expect
- Campers will attend three programs in the morning and four in the afternoon.
- Evening activities are opportunities for the entire camp to come together for entertainment such as campfires, dances, movies, field games, and music.
- Counselors are employed by Camp Horizons and receive specialized training in seizure recognition and first aid. Camper to counselor ratio varies depending on need.
- A licensed nurse will be in residence at all times.
Register your child for Camp Courage
To register, campers must have a primary diagnosis of epilepsy and on anticonvulsant medication, receiving other treatment for seizures, or are under follow up care to be considered eligible.
The first 30 applications will be presented to the Camp Courage Committee for review and approval. If a camper is not accepted or someone drops out the first camper on the wait list will be given the space. Prior attendance does not guarantee acceptance this year.
camp activities include:
- Camp Craft
- Health & Fitness
- Performing Arts
- STEAM Activities
- Field Games
- And much more!
EFCT wants Camp Courage to be accessible to as many kids as possible so we cover the majority of the camp fees. It costs EFCT $2,000 per child to attend camp. If you are interested in sponsoring a child’s attendance, please donate below or contact email@example.com.
See what participants are saying!
My son’s counselor and the facility was very nice. They have a lot to do there and my son hasn’t left unhappy in the two years he’s gone.
You made my life better because my mom finally let me go to sleep away camp because she felt it would be safe as it was for kids with epilepsy.
The staff at the camp were great! My sons one-on one, was very professional, kind, and sensitive to my son that was so greatly appreciated. I thank you all very much for keeping my son safe.