A One-Of-A-Kind Camp Experience...
July 14-19 2024
127 Babcock Hill Rd,
South Windham, CT 06266Online Camp Application Downloadable Camp Application
When diagnosed and living with Epilepsy, lives change dramatically. The stress of managing a disease like Epilepsy can be overwhelming.
Camp Courage is a haven to assist, just a little, in bringing lives back to “normal.”
In partnership with Camp Horizon in Windham, CT, children, teens, and young adults ages 8-25 at the time of camp are eligible to participate in a week-long overnight summer camp experience! Each camper will be able to connect with others like them while their family and caregivers gain a little respite.
$300 per camper (does not include $25 application fee)
Financial assistance is available! To inquire, please contact our office at (860) 346-1924.
For additional financial assistance please use this link to apply for the Blanca Vazquez Summer Camp Scholarship. Application deadline is May 1st.
- Provide a safe, enjoyable residential camping experience for children and young adults with epilepsy
- Build self esteem by promoting self-confidence, competency and social interaction.
- Foster independence in a safe environment away from home.
- To have a GREAT TIME!
What to Expect
- Campers will attend three programs in the morning and four in the afternoon.
- Evening activities are opportunities for the entire camp to come together for entertainment such as campfires, dances, movies, field games, and music.
- Counselors are employed by Camp Horizons and receive specialized training in seizure recognition and first aid. Camper to counselor ratio varies depending on need.
- A licensed nurse will be in residence at all times.
Register your child for Camp Courage
To register, campers must have a primary diagnosis of epilepsy and on anticonvulsant medication, receiving other treatment for seizures, or are under follow up care to be considered eligible.
The first 30 applications will be presented to the Camp Courage Committee for review and approval. If a camper is not accepted or someone drops out the first camper on the wait list will be given the space. Prior attendance does not guarantee acceptance this year.
camp activities include:
- Camp Craft
- Health & Fitness
- Performing Arts
- STEAM Activities
- Field Games
- And much more!
EFCT wants Camp Courage to be accessible to as many kids as possible so we cover the majority of the camp fees. It costs EFCT $2,000 per child to attend camp. If you are interested in sponsoring a child’s attendance, please donate below or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
See what participants are saying!
My son’s counselor and the facility was very nice. They have a lot to do there and my son hasn’t left unhappy in the two years he’s gone.
You made my life better because my mom finally let me go to sleep away camp because she felt it would be safe as it was for kids with epilepsy.
The staff at the camp were great! My sons one-on one, was very professional, kind, and sensitive to my son that was so greatly appreciated. I thank you all very much for keeping my son safe.